Monday, February 12, 2007

Cold Weather!

I don't know about you but i find that when the weather turns cold and gloomy my arthritic symtoms seems to inflate. Im not sure if this is due to changes in temperature or air pressure but i do know it hurts, and sometimes it hurts alot!

I do try to keep more active when it get particularly cold, and it does help a little. However i find that applying heat to the affected area works best. I usually soak a towel in some hot water and then rub the affected area with the towel.

There is another method i use and it really does seem to relive much of the pain. I apply some chinese ointment, such as Po Sum On ( available in most chinese grocers or herbal stores), and massage the affected area. I then apply heat to the area by using a hair dryer. When rubbing the affected area try to rub deep.

I hope some of these ideas can help you during this particularly cold winter time!

If you have any comments please let me know - or if you have any advice that we all can benefit from then please post a comment!

No comments: